Hospital Operating Theater
Audio System Requirements
- Operating room, control room and external VTC require echo-free audio conferencing among them.
- 2 exclusive modes of hands-free conferencing while in the operating room: “Headset mode”, or “Room mic mode”.
- 2 gooseneck mics and 2 boundary mics in control room connect to DSP via Dante™ network.
- Non-verbal signaling system between both rooms using a push-button wall panel in each area.
- Volume control, preset and privacy mute triggering within both areas.
- Secured comprehensive system control from within the control room.
- Automatic ducking of operating room music when the operator from the control room speaks.
|1||Radius AEC||DSP with 8 dedicated AEC channels, 4 Line inputs, 8 outputs, and expansion card slot.|
|1||ARC-3||Capacitive touch wall panel controller with graphic display.|
|1||ARC-SW4e||Programmable 4 push-button wall panel.|
|1||ARC-K1e||Wall panel with 2 volume controls in the space of 1.|
|1||ARC-EX4e||4 push-button wall panel combined with ARC-K1e to create Modular ARC.|
|1||Composer||Windows software – design & configure all items.|
|1||SymVue||Windows runtime control interface software – generated from Composer.|
|Echo-free conferencing among all areas||The Radius AEC has dedicated DSP processing reserved exclusively for echo cancellation.|
|The ability to switch between “headset mode” or “room mic mode” in the operating room||Two presets were created in the main routing matrix in Composer. These are easily triggered via the ARC-3 in the operating room and the SymVue panel in the control room.|
|4 Dante-enabled mics in the control room||Audio-Technica ATND971 and ATND8677 Dante-enabled mics are natively supported in Composer, allowing for seamless integration.|
|Non-verbal signaling system||A push-button wall controller in each room is used to trigger logic modules which control the LEDs in both ARCs, as well as the SymVue control screen.|
|Control of volume, preset-triggering, and privacy mutes in the system||Accomplished with an ARC-3 in the operating room and an ARC-K1e with SymVue in the control room. All programmed using Composer.|
|Secured control of the entire system from within the control room||A password-protected SymVue control screen generated within Composer.|
|Automatic ducking of operating room music||The Radius AEC programmed from Composer with a Ducker module in-line with the operating room music.|
System Hookup Diagram
Downloads and Links
Hospital Operating Theater – Composer Site File
Hospital Operating Theater – SymVue Windows File
Hospital Operating Theater – System Hookup Diagram
Hospital Operating Theater – Download Application Note
Questions? / Comments? – Symetrix Tech Support