The adaptive remote control ARC-2e is a menu-driven remote control for Symetrix DSPs. Tap into the full power of your system with twenty-four menus with up to sixteen items each that can be used to address multiple basic functions or initiate complex logic-based control events: gain, preset triggering, source selection, room combining and more. The 8-character backlit display supports up to thirty-one scrolling characters, providing instant user feedback for control assignments, default settings, and actions. The three buttons help you navigate menus, raise or lower values, and enable or disable the remote control. All control assignments, including item labeling, parameter limits and firmware version updates are handled by software relevant to the given DSP, which is available for download from the Symetrix website. Power and control are connected via RJ45 inputs.
Pressing the menu button navigates through the menu names. The menu button also acts as a preset trigger when a preset list is scrolled. The up/down arrow buttons adjust parameter settings and scroll through preset lists. Holding the menu button and using the up/down arrow keys moves you forward or backward through the menus.
The wall panel’s behavior is programmable as well. Menu brightness in “active” and “inactive” states can be set independently, so the display will “sleep” in light-sensitive environments such as theaters. If the ARC-2e goes idle, it can scroll a message and return to the top of its menu tree. Upper and lower parameter limits help contain the range of adjustment and a button press lockout will prevent tampering by curious but unauthorized users. The ARC-2e mounts into a single gang electrical box (US).
- The ARC-2e offers modernized and simplified hardware design for greater reliability and a lower cost.
- Equipped with all the same user features and operation as the ARC-2 and ARC-2i.
- Ships with a white plastic faceplate.
- Powers directly off Symetrix DSP devices’ ARC port via CAT-5.
- New user-friendly rotary DIP switches for setting the device’s RS-485 address.
- Capable of addressing up to 99 ARC-2e wall panels per DSP.
- Black or white faceplate available (default is white).
- Optional DC power (PS-6) available for those who wish to power locally.
- The ARC-2e will only support a baud rate of 38400.
(Note: Express Cobra DSPs have the ability to change baud rate from default 38400.)
- The terminal strip has been removed. As such, the ARC audio and optional DC power will need to be wired into the CAT-5 directly.