Audio System Requirements
- Courtroom, analog phone lines and VTC require echo-free audio conferencing among them.
- 10 gooseneck mics arranged around courtroom connect to DSPs via Dante™ network.
- One dedicated sidebar microphone used exclusively for archival purposes.
- A bench-controlled “Sidebar Mode” instantly mutes all microphones (except sidebar mic) while routing pink noise into the system for private Sidebar conversations.
- 5 discrete recording channels ensure a clear trial archive, including: judge/sidebar mics, witness, defense, prosecution and a full courtroom mix.
- Secured comprehensive system control from clerk’s desk, including mic mix, conferencing levels and instant privacy muting.
- Simple controls at the bench, including zone volume, “Sidebar Mode” triggering and privacy mute.
- Zone volume controls for both defense and prosecution.
- Automatic gain adjustment at presentation podium inputs to handle a wide variety of unknown sources.
|2||Radius NX||DSP with 8 dedicated AEC channels, 4 Line inputs, 8 outputs and expansion card slot.|
|1||2 Line Analog Telephone Interface Card||2 POTS lines with RJ11 connectors – fits into Radius AEC card slot.|
|3||ARC-K1e||Wall panel with 2 volume controls in the space of one.|
|1||ARC-EX4e||4 push-button wall panel combined with the ARC-K1e to create a Modular ARC.|
|1||Composer||Windows software – design & configure all items.|
|1||SymVue||Windows runtime control interface software – generated from Composer.|
|Echo-free conferencing between all areas||The Radius NX has dedicated DSP processing reserved exclusively for echo cancellation.|
|Ten Dante-enabled mics for full coverage in the Courtroom||Audio-Technica ATND8677 Dante-enabled mic base stations are natively supported in Composer, allowing for seamless integration.|
|The ability to switch between “Sidebar On” and “Sidebar Off” presets||Two presets were created in Composer to toggle between muting all room mics/routing pink noise into system and normal operation. Easily triggered by an ARC-EX4e at the bench and the SymVue panel at the clerk’s desk.|
|Uncomplicated controls at the bench||An ARC-K1e + ARC-EX4e combination provides easy-to-understand control over necessary functions from the bench.|
|5 channels are routed to a recording device for archival purposes (including dedicated Sidebar mic)||Routing/processing is accomplished via Composer’s myriad DSP modules. A Gain-sharing Automixer ensures all sources are automatically captured at adequate levels. EQ and additional dynamics processing are in-line and set by the integrator.|
|Secured control of the entire system from the clerk’s station||A password-protected SymVue control screen generated within Composer provides full system control.|
|Volume controls for both defense and prosecution areas||An ARC-K1e at each table for zone volume with clear LED level indication.|
|Automatic level adjustment of presentation sources||Automatic Gain Controller DSP modules for both podium AUX inputs help to regulate a variety of presentation input levels.|
System Hookup Diagram
Downloads and Links
Courtroom – Composer Site File
Courtroom – SymVue Windows File
Courtroom – System Hookup Diagram
Courtroom – Download Application Note
Questions? / Comments? – Symetrix Tech Support