1) Connect the ARC and host PC to your Jupiter device.
2) Launch the latest version of the Jupiter software and discover the device on your network using the Connection Wizard. After completing the Connection Wizard, take note of the IP address of the Jupiter device. Perform a firmware upgrade if necessary.
3) Ensure you can communicate with the ARC using the External Controller Wizard. Upgrade the ARC firmware if necessary.
8) Now that we’ve established communication, let’s program the ARC. Go to the Tools menu and choose Controller Manager. Click New RS-485 Device and choose the appropriate ARC.
9) Edit the newly created ARC and enter the controller numbers (noted from step 7) in the appropriate sections of the Edit Modular ARC menu, i.e., Switches, Knobs, etc. When all controller numbers have been added to your ARC, download to the ARC from within the Controller Manager. This will send the programming to the remote. If it will not download, double check that the RS-485 address shown on the rotary dipswitches on the back of the ARC match the address in the Edit Modular ARC menu.
10) Finally, with the Jupiter software in focus, test the controls on the ARC and watch for the Jupiter GUI to follow those control changes. Note, custom programmed ARCs will not appear in the Jupiter External Controller Wizard and you must ensure that all ARCs on the network have unique RS-485 addresses regardless of how they were programmed.