Select a Category
Knowledge Base > Discontinued Products > 322 DSP Engine
Where can I find a Data Sheet for the 322 DSP Engine?
What is the pinout for the PS-3 power supply?
There are two separate AC supplies coming out of the PS-3: 8.5 VAC @ 1A and 34.5 VAC CT @ 250mA. Pinout is as follows: 8.5 VAC on pins 6 and 1, 17 VAC on pins 7 and 3, center tap @ pins 4 and 5 are connected to earth ground. This is when viewed at the end of the PS-3 7-pin DIN plug.
What is the communications turn-around delay on the 322 DSP Engine?
1ms at a baud rate of 38400.
How do I change the nominal input/output levels on the 322 DSP Engine?
The 322 has two sets of internal jumper that allow you to change the I/O levels. Jumpers J5 and J8 control the input levels. To change the input levels, place the jumpers into position 2-3 for +4 input levels or position 1-2 for -10 input levels. Jumpers J13 and J18 control the output levels. To change the output levels, place the jumpers into position 2-3 for +4 output levels or position 1-2 for -10.
What is the latency of a Symetrix 322 DSP Engine?
Depending on the active DSP modules programmed into the signal path, the latency from analog-in to analog-out will be approximately between 1.7 milliseconds and 6.5 milliseconds.
Where can I find the External Control Protocol for the 322 DSP Engine?
Can my Symetrix-manufactured unit normally powered by the PS-3 be battery powered for remote use?
No, the only option would be to use a 12VDC to 117VAC inverter with the supplied PS-3 inline power supply.
Where can I find a Quick Start Guide for the 322 DSP Engine?
My PC is unable to communicate with the 322 DSP Engine
1. Check your RS-232 serial cable. It should be a straight-through standard 232 cable.
2. Check the DIP switches on the back of the 322. For a single unit at address 1, only switch 1 should be up. All others should be down.
3. Make sure the 232 cable is firmly connected between your PC’s serial port and the 322’s front panel 232 input.
4. Power the unit on.
5. Open the 322 Designer software.
6. Under the File->Preferences menu, make sure you have the correct serial port selected. If you do not know which COM ports are available on your computer, check the Windows Device Manager.
7. Finally, press the Online button and choose DOWNLOAD design to units from CURRENT site file.
8. If that still doesn’t help, double check that the serial port on your PC is actually working correctly. Try to communicate with another unit of some kind. Try another serial port if you have one. Make sure that no other software is running that may be using the serial port. And finally, try another PC entirely.